With remote print, you can print files that are on a remote computer to a local printer.
Windows to Windows or Mac to Mac
You can print from a Windows computer (Windows 7 or higher) to another Windows computer, or from a Mac to another Mac. To print between Windows and Mac, please see below for additional instructions.
Please download and install the latest Splashtop streamer (version 184.108.40.206 or higher) and Splashtop Enterprise app (version 220.127.116.11 or higher).
- Windows 7 or higher
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
Download and install the latest Splashtop streamer and Splashtop Enterprise app embedded in Splashtop Enterprise Gateway.
- Open streamer settings, go to the Settings tab, and click on Install Printer Driver. Note: you may need to disconnect and reconnect if making these changes through a Splashtop connection for the driver to take effect.
- Connect to the streamer remotely. On the remote computer, open any application and print as you normally would. In the print dialog box, choose the printer named Splashtop Remote Printer and click Print.
- In a few seconds, a print dialog box will pop up on the local computer (where your Splashtop Enterprise app is running). Choose the desired local printer and hit Print. That's it!
The amount of time it takes to print depends on the file size and the performance of the remote computer. For small print jobs, the print dialog box should pop up on the local computer within 5-10 seconds. Bigger print jobs or slow remote computers will take longer.
When a print job is in progress, the window caption of the Splashtop Enterprise app will show "Printing now..."
Printing between Windows and Mac
Some additional software will be required in order to print from a Windows computer to a Mac, or vice versa.
Print files on a remote Mac to a local Windows computer
Be sure a PDF reader is installed on the local Windows computer. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a common choice.
Print files on a remote Windows computer to a local Mac
You will need to install a XPS reader on the local Mac. You can search for "XPS reader" on the Mac App Store to see various choices.
What if I don't want my users to print remotely?
The Owner of the Splashtop Enterprise account can disable remote print for all users.
Log in to Splashtop Enterprise Gateway's management console with the owner credentials. Go to Management > Settings. From there, you can disable remote print, file transfer, copy-and-paste, etc.
- "Windows cannot find 'xpsrchvx.exe'..." when printing to a Windows computer?
Please refer to this article: Windows cannot find 'xpsrchvx.exe'
- "Splashtop Remote Printer" not in the printer list?
Please refer to this article: Splashtop Remote Printer does not show in the printer list
- When I remote print a Quickbooks document the edges are missing?
Please refer to this article: Quickbooks remote print missing margins or edges