On a Splashtop Enterprise Remote Support team, a user with Admin role can remotely access and manage all computers by default.
Sometimes you may want a client to have admin role, but limit their access to only a subset of computers. This allows the client to do things like add computer, remove computer, create user, etc., but only for the groups that you authorized.
Please see instructions below to enable and to use the feature.
Enable group-specific manager feature
Log into Splashtop Enterprise Remote Gateway as Team Owner. Navigate to Management > Settings. Check the box "Enable group-specific manager role."
Set a user as a group-specific manager
Navigate to Management > Users. Click on the gear icon next to the user whom you want to set as a group-specific manager. Click on "Change role."
In the resulting dialog box:
- Select the "Admin" radio button
- Check the "Set as group-specific manager" checkbox
- Select the check-boxes for whichever group(s) you want this user to manage
Another way to assign group-specific managers
Group-specific managers can also be assigned from the Grouping page.
Navigate to Management > Grouping. Click on the gear icon next to the group that you want to set a group manager for. Click on "Assign group manager."
In the resulting dialog box, you can choose which user(s) can manage this group.
What a group-specific manager can do
The group-specific manager can perform these functions only on the users and computers in the groups managed by him or her. The group-specific manager will not be able to see the group names, users, and computers in other groups.
- Rename computer
- Add/edit computer notes
- Add/delete computers, including create deployment packages
- Create/enable/disable/delete users
- Set access permissions
- Configure user’s 2FA and trusted devices
- When an admin is assigned to be a group-specific manager, the management scope is reduced from the whole team to only specific group(s).
- You can always see which users have been assigned group-specific manager rights by navigating Management > Users. The role for such users is labeled as "Manager (groups)." Mouse over the label to see the list of groups managed by the user.
- The role of group-specific manager will be changed to Member when the relevant group is deleted from Gateway web portal.