The first time you successfully make a remote connection on your Android tablet or iPhone devices, a Hints screen initially displays, which illustrates the various screen-control actions you can use during a Splashtop session. The functions of some of the gestures are different, depending on whether you are using the Android tablets or phones. All Hints screens are illustrated below.
Gestures on the tablet:
Unless otherwise noted, the list below describes Android tablet and phone gestures. On the phone, the behavior of some gestures is different, as noted below:
- Tap: Equivalent to left mouse click.
- Tap-and-hold (long press): Equivalent to right mouse click.
- One-finger drag:
- On the tablet, the one-finger tap-and-drag gesture can be used to select text, or to drag the scroll bar.
- On the phone, the one-finger tap-and-drag can be used to move files by dragging-and-dropping the desired files; or for operating the scroll bars.
- Two-finger tap: Toggle Trackpad mode. Trackpad mode is like the trackpad on a laptop computer; moving a finger on the iPad screen can move the mouse everywhere and capable of performing left-click or right-click if necessary.
- Two-finger drag: Scroll window.
- Three-finger drag: On your tablet, a three-finger drag will pan the entire screen if it has been zoomed in. For example, if the keyboard is open, this would allow you to view what is blocked by the keyboard.
- Two-finger pinch-zoom: Zooms in and out.
Gestures for Control Bar:
There is a special button '^' located in the lower right corner by default. There are two special gestures for this button:
- Double-Tap on ^ : It will launch the Splashtop virtual keyboard (illustrated below).
- Tap-and-hold (long press) on ^ : Long-tap and moving the '^' button can change its location.
By default, the Hints screen appears every time you start a remote connection. Tapping Continue closes the screen and lets you continue with your remote connection. However, the Hints screen will still display again the next time you initiate a remote connection.
NOTE: If you do not want the Hints screen to display every time, you can turn it off by switching the Show hints every time field to Off. (After that, it can only be turned back on in the Settings screen.)